The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag






Ok, so I don't actually think that I've done a 'personal' blog post before but hey, first time for everything right?  

I got the idea for this post from Naz over at http://readdiversebooks.com so go ahead and check that out!

SO LET'S GET RIGHT INTO IT THEN SHALL WE?


        How Long Have You Been A Blogger?


Mmmmm... Well... That depends really. I've had quite a few blogs. My first one was a fashion/beauty blog but then I didn't want to do that anymore and I think I stopped doing that about 2015. Then I started a film/tv blog where I released news about film and tv shows and reviewed them too. I last posted on there earlier this year (June 2016) *actually... that reminds me... I need to start writing for that blog again because I love TV and film way too much to let it go*. 
My more recent ones are my Lushie UK blog where I review all of the Lush Cosmetics products and then this one, where I review books. So yeah... I'm a busy person... Very busy... So I've been blogging for about 2 years...



At what point do you think you will stop?

I don't know. As you can see from the previous question, I like starting up new blogs about different things. I'd love to do a lifestyle blog as well but I just don't have enough time to do all of them. Keeping up with my book blog and my Lush one is hard enough work.
To be honest, I don't think I will ever stop... I love writing too much. I love sharing my opinions with you all and being a part of the blogger community. I don't think I will stop, I just think that I just won't post as often.



 What is the best part?
For me, the best part about blogging is knowing that people are taking time out of their day to go to your website and read what you've written. It's so satisfying to know that people appreciate how much time and effort you put into it. 
I've also met so many amazing people through the blogging community! You're all so supportive and amazing *gushes*  No but seriously, you guys are one of the best things about having a blog. I love Booktube, I love Bookstagram and I love Book Twitter. *LOVE YOU ALL!*



What is the worst part?

Worst part... Hmmm.... I don't know. I guess I would have to say the amount of time it takes to do a blog post or take pictures. Bookstagram is a nightmare for me. I am, in no shape or form, a good photographer. I just can't. I can't seem to get the right angles, or props, I can't seem to get any good ideas. I really do try with Bookstagram but it's so time-consuming and then I see everyone else's pretty pictures and then it just gets me down so I lose motivation to do it.  



How long does it take you to find/create pictures to use?

ARRRGGGHHH! FOREVER! As I've just said, Bookstagram is the worst for me. It takes me about an hour to take two pictures because I stress too easily about it looking 'perfect' *me and my stupid brain* For my book reviews, I literally just take a picture of the book, so that takes two seconds. But for Bookstagram, IT TAKES FOREVER!



Who’s your book crush?

This is a very broad question... I'd have to say that my fictional character crush is Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. He just sounds like such an amazing guy... *please be real, please be real!*
My favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. It will always be my favourite book.
My favourite author is... oh god... this is hard... I'm going to have to say... hmmmm... Cassandra Clare or Rainbow Rowell. Because I absolutely love every book that they have ever written.



 What author would you like to have on your blog?
*see above*. No, but if I had Cassandra Clare or Rainbow Rowell on my blog, I don't think I would live another day. My heart would just give way. It would be a dream come true... And if I MET THEM BOTH! OH MY LIFE! I WOULD FAINT!



What do you wear when you write your blog?

Normal clothes? I don't know... it depends on when I'm writing it. Could be in my pj's, could be in leggings and a t-shirt, could be in my work clothes... I don't have a set time that I write my posts so it could be any time of the day. Right now, I'm wearing my pj's because I'm snug in bed.




How long does it take you to prepare a post?

It takes me about an hour to write a book review. Any longer than that and there's a good chance that most of the review is just me rambling so I'd need to edit it down so it didn't take 1000 years to read.



How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

I love the blogger community! The Lush community is amazing and I feel so welcomed by everyone and I've met some amazing people!
In the book community - it's the same. I try and join in as many blogger chats that I can and through those chats, I've spoken to some of the most influential, supportive, amazing people ever. 
Lately, there has been a lot *and I mean a lot* of tension on Book Twitter which hasn't been nice to see but I get why there's been that tension and I fully understand it. Let's hope we can go back to loving each other soon!



What do you think one should do to have a successful blog?

It doesn't matter if you've got a small blog or a big blog. You've still got to do the same things. Engage with your audience. I try to visit as many different blogs as I can and comment on their blogs. I absolutely love it when I log onto Blogger and I see that people have commented on my posts - it's one of the best feelings ever and it makes me feel all warm inside. So I try and give that feeling back to other bloggers. 
I like to build up followers on Twitter and Instagram as well. Twitter is where my main source of views come from because I'm constantly engaging with other book bloggers about what they're reading, or asking (or giving) recommendations. 
You have to build a loyal following. It doesn't happen overnight *it's taken me 4 months to get 300 followers on Twitter and 10,000 page views on my blog*. It's a slow and steady process but you've got to throw yourself into the community as well. Give back to other bloggers. That way, you get the most out of being a blogger. 



So there we have it guys... you know a bit more about me! What can you relate to from these points? Anything that you do differently? Let me know in the comment box! (REMEMBER: YOU'LL BE MAKING MY DAY 1000% BETTER IF YOU DO!)

xoxo
Kirsty


Goodreads | Bloglovin | Twitter Facebook

Labels: ,